Friday, October 26, 2012

It's Cold Outside - Time for Hot Cocoa

It's the first real cold day we have had in Central Texas so I decided it was time to make some hot cocoa while I debated on what you actually do for dinner.

I thought about making the cocoa in my crock pot but I was not about to wait two hours for chocolatey goodness.

- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup sugar (depending on how sweet you want it)
- sprinkle of salt
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 3 cups almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla

Combine sugar, cocoa and salt into a saucepan while warming water in another ( or the microwave ). Have the stove on medium heat and stir the hot water in with the cocoa sugar mixture. Bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes. Lower heat and add milk, you can add more or less depending on your cocoa preference. Continue stirring till warm, don't allow to boil. Sprinkle in some cinnamon sugar and then add the vanilla. Pour in a cup and enjoy!



This recipe made about two servings.
I wish I could have amped it up with some whipped cream but I didn't have any coconut milk to make vegan whipped cream.

Now that I'm all nice and cozy I have to make the decision for dinner, unless I just make more hot cocoa.

No comments: