Friday, September 14, 2012

A French Picnic


Last Sunday I spent the day in Austin, Texas. It was a beautiful day and my friends and I decided it would be the perfect time for a picnic at Mt. Bonnell. We ended up going to the store to pick up a few things to munch on:

  • Brie Cheese
  • French Baguette
  • Grapes
  • Acocado
  • Pear
  • Rose (missing accent) wine
  • Dolmas (stuffed grape leaves)
  • Coconut water


While we were enjoying our snacks we determined that our little picnic in Austin, was actually french themed and the baguette and brie cheese inspired our inner parisian. I have spent time in Paris and definitely felt like I would be eating baguettes and brie at the park everyday. The only thing that threw off the french feeling was the sounds of the ukulele my friend was strumming. 



Later that night we continued our french food day by going to this little restaurant down on E 6th. I like to keep this place secret, because I honestly feel like it is a little piece of heaven in the middle of Austin. This restaurant is so quaint and beautiful. Everything about it is amazing: service, food, atmosphere, drinks - we try to go once at least once a month and we end up staying for more than four hours. 





Recently I wrote a post about a nicoise salad, so it is kind of ironic that I chose to have the dish that night. This was Nicoise "A la Masion" or of the house. It had endives, sardines and tuna confit (cooked in oil fat). So amazing, literally melted in my mouth. I had a glass of rose from Chotes de Rhone, which was also spectacular. I finished off the meal with a cup of french onion soup, smothered in cheese and a coffee. 

You literally can't go wrong with this place. I mean look at it. Anyone who wants to take me on a date  I'd gladly accept. 

No comments: