Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Vacation Indulgences


So, it's been awhile since I have posted, but I have been super busy and I just got back from a mini vacation in Miami, Florida. Miami was nothing like I expected. I visited the lovely Cesar Tobar and he lives in the financial district (Brickell Ave). I loved the location, it was super chill and his condo was literally a block away from the water. While in Miami, I ate. Duh. Saturday morning we poked around on yelp and found this amazing coffee place. Alaska Roasting Company (I think). Amazing lattes. I had a caprese sandwhich there too. For dinner we went to Cesar's favorite Pollos Y Jarros. Even though this place was basically meat, meat and more meat. I was lucky enough to find a salad on the menu that had asparagus, avocado, mushrooms, artichokes and some peruvian corn and cheese. It was amazing. They also had four sauces laid out... so naturally I drenched my healthy salad in god knows what kind of amazing deliciousness. We finished off dinner with an amazing dessert that had some sort of caramel on it, and I think it had peaches. It was so light and melted in your mouth.

While in Miami I decided to look up the Groupons that the city had to offer. Low and behold, I came avcross one for Tabu Bistro, which turned out to be literallly two blocks from Cesar's place. The Groupon was 50% off brunch, including two entrees and two mimos.

OMG. This place was definitely a hidden gem. The design of the little bistro was amazing, the restaurant couldn't have been bigger than my room. Literally, the place probably had 10 tables and most of them were along one wall, with a long booth on one side and chairs on the other. Not only was the atmosphere great, but the food was outstanding, the service as well. 
I had quinoa patties with ahi tuna, and I can definitely admit, this was one of the best meals I have ever had. Unfortunately the mimosa wasn't as good as I would have liked but it was still a nice treat. We finished off the meal with two crepes topped with nutella and fresh fruit. 

Miami was better than expected by all accounts. It was a much needed vacation and I am ready to go back right about NOW.



No comments: